[geos-devel] missing python functions?

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Mon Feb 25 12:49:36 EST 2008

Hi Russell,

> Just compiled and installed geos-3.0.0 and would like to write some
> python code.  However, I can't figure out how to create a geometry
> collection in python.  I checked out example.py.  It doesn't work
> either.

Yeah - a lot of the python examples are out of date since they were
originally done when the bindings worked against the C++ api and not the
  c api.

  It appears to me that a bunch of stuff is missing from the
> python bindings.  Here is a dir() of the geos module.

Hmm, looks like for some reason I never exposed the createCollection
method to Python/Ruby (see around line 947 in geos.i).   I could add it
easily enough if you need it.

Charlie