[geos-devel] Fw: 3.0

Sanak geosanak at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 11:29:58 EST 2008

Mark,

I had tested the 2 cases as follows on Windows MSVC environment.

1) overwrite attached inlines.cpp on my svn-tags/geos-3.0.3rc1 working-copy.
2) apply attached geos-3.0.3svn-cygwin.patch on my svn-trunk working-copy.
(use MSYS patch command)

after that, open build/msvc80/geos.sln with Microsoft Visual C++ Express
Edition 2005 SP1,
and build debug/release mode.

the result as follows.
1) build(debug/release) -> ok
    regression tests(geos_unit.exe) (debug/release) -> - passed: 402
2) build(debug/release) -> ok
    regression tests(geos_unit.exe) (debug/release) -> - passed: 431

* the cause of regression tests(geos_unit.exe) results difference between 1)
and 2)
  seems PreparedGeometryFactory improvement.
  -> 3>geos::geom::prep::PreparedGeometryFactory:

I think that there is no probrem on Windows MSVC environment.

Regards,

Sanak.