[geos-devel] Fw: 3.0?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 17:25:25 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 08:53 +0000, S Knox wrote:
> I seem to have the issue below when building Geos 3.0.2 with Cygwin.
> Is there a solution to this problem of double inclusion, or do I need
> to install an older version
> of Geos (I am reluctant to do this as I have a recent version of GCC,
> which requires a
> recent version of the source code to build).
>
> Many thanks for your help - sorry I can't work this out for myself but
> only just starting to build
> things myself!
>
> Regards
>
> Stephen

Hi Stephen,

This is exactly the same problem experienced on MingW with the
DLL_EXPORT stubs causing the inlines to be defined twice at link time.
There is already a fix for this in the current source code for MingW, so
in theory all we have to do is expand the check to suppress the
duplicates when compiling with cygwin GCC as well as MingW.

Please try the attached patch to see if will allow you to compile on
cygwin - I've confirmed that the changes still allow GEOS to compile on
MingW without any problems.

HTH,

Mark.