[geos-devel] Creating an invalid geometry

Denise MacLeod Denise.MacLeod at ingres.com
Mon Oct 27 09:28:38 EDT 2008

Hi all -

I am trying to work on issue #170, a memory leak when performing the intersection of a valid and an invalid polygon. My question is: how do I get an invalid polygon?  I have one in a file in WKT format, but when reading it in, GEOSGeomFromWKT detects that's invalid and returns a NULL pointer. Likewise, the WKB function has similar logic. It's too robust  :-)

Is there anyway quick way around this, without changing the source to skip the validation step in GEOSGeomFromWKT?

Thanks,
Denise