[geos-devel] Fw: 3.0?

S Knox roxyknox at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 21:29:46 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I tried running compiling using the latest geos-svn.tar.gz (yesterday evening) which contained the modification mentioned below. Unfortunately it gave the same errors as before i.e:

....... multiple definition of`geos::operation::overlay
::MinimalEdgeRing::~MinimalEdgeRing()'
.libs/inlines.o:/home/Stevo/geos-3.1.0/source/../source/headers/geos/operation/overlay/MinimalEdgeRing.inl:43: first defined here
Creating library file: .libs/libgeos.dll.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libgeos.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Stevo/geos-3.1.0/source'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Stevo/geos-3.1.0/source'

So not sure how I got it to work on my system, looks like I've got beginners luck!

Sorry I can't help

Regards

Stephen