[geos-devel] Missing files in geos-3.1.1.tar.bz2

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 06:45:23 EST 2009

As suggested I've moved over to geos-3.2.0rc4.
And it is compiling fine.

I did notice the resulting geos_c.dll does not have any version numbers in
Windows.
Will that be fixed in the Stable Release?
Or can I fix that myself in the VS2008 files?

We used to have two folders with GEOS source code. One for 32Bit and the
other for 64Bit.
With GDAL 1.6.2 we've managed to merge those folders and have a more
extended makefile which handles the build of 32/64Bit.
Will that also be possible with the GEOS library?
I'm no expert on makefiles but I could use the gdal makefile as an example.

I have one last question (for now ;)).
We use the IsValid() method to check shapes in a shapefile. Currently it
only return false if invalid but not the reason. Is that been added in
3.2.0rc4 or is that for a future version?

Thank you all for your hard work.

With regards,

Paul Meems
Release manager, configuration manager