[geos-devel] 3.2.0 Final

strk strk at keybit.net
Sat Dec 12 05:04:04 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 10:04:26AM +0100, Maxime van Noppen wrote:
> strk wrote:
> > Remember that GEOS is a direct port of JTS, where (in Java)
> > there are visibility levels that are not supported in C++
> > (default visibility == only classes in same package can use
> > those interfaces). In GEOS those all became public instead.
>
> I believe it's a design issue. It could be possible to put those methods
> as protected and to define friend classes that have access to those methods.

Yes but then we'll have to add new friends everytime a new class is added
and it's something increasing the maintainance cost. If we could mark
a whole namespace as a friend that'd be 1:1 mapping with JTS I guess, and
no additional maintainance cost.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!