[geos-devel] geos svn MSVC dynamic linking

Stefan Mueller billy.c at gmx.de
Fri Jul 17 04:03:10 EDT 2009

Hello all,

sorry for the possibly dumb question, being a newbie in geos...

I have compiled geos svn build successfully using MSVC 2008 Professional, and get three files, the static library geos(d).lib and the import lib geos(d)_c_i.lib and their respective DLLs geos(d).dll

Trying out the examples with static linking works all fine but if I try to link against the import library (e.g. geosd_c_i.lib) I get unresolved references.

Being rather new in the world of MSVC, could be that I forgot to make some settings in the IDE, but I just thought I have to specify the import lib to get dynamic linking.

So are ther any problems with geos import lib

Thanks for any help/hints,

Stefan