[geos-devel] Computational Geometry Problem + Exception

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 20 19:10:46 EDT 2009

Jo wrote:
> And running the program in a third computer, I get a different exception:

Backtrace without a piece of code of program that caused it is useless.

> Anyway, it would be great if anybody had some ideas why the program is
> Could it be because the geos version installed is different from the geos
> version that was used when compiling gdal?

Very possible.

> (In ubuntu I have some gdal binaries I have no idea-where-they-came-from
> and

They come from Ubuntu official packages, likely.

> a svn version of geos...)

You should not pass GEOS objects between your program linked against
GEOS SVN and GDAL which uses older version of GEOS.
Both should use the same version of GEOS.

Solution:
1) Build GDAL with GEOS SVN if you want to use GEOS SVN in your program.
2) Link your program against GEOS of the same version used as GDAL uses.
If GDAL is installed from Ubuntu packages, then simply install GEOS
dev packages too and use it.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot