[geos-devel] installed C++ headers

strk strk at keybit.net
Sat Jun 6 18:45:52 EDT 2009

It was my idea long time ago to reduce the set
of installed C++ headers. Now I've changed my mind.

It's too much of a maintainance cost having to be selective
on what to install and what not, particularly when the MSVC
build scripts don't care and not only install headers but
even export symbols which were previously selected as NOT
public.

Also sometimes headers we'd like not to install are required
by others which we want in resulting in a partial hiding.

Nowadays, since we're explicitly marking the C++ ABI as
incompatible at every release, I wouldn't care about headers
that much. Users are warned they shouldn't be using the C++
api, after that if they do they'll deal with API changes
somehow.

I plan to update the Makefile.ams next week if nobody objects.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!