[geos-devel] Question: Cannot access geos::algorithm

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Jun 25 02:43:51 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 03:22:31PM -0700, Grace LIN wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have downloaded and built geos-3.1.1 according to instructions and
>  everything works perfectly. However it seems like I can only use member
>  functions from geos::geom, geos::io, and geos::util classes. When I tried
>  to use call functions from the geos::algorithm::CGAlgorithms, the compiler
>  gives "'algorithm': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type"
>  error.

Access restriction was by design, due to high instability of the C++
API/ABI. You're highly reccommended to use the C-API instead.
That said, in current GEOS trunk (upcoming 3.2 release) all headers
are installed so that users are free to hurt themselves.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!