[geos-devel] [#317] Build configuration for CMake build system

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Feb 4 18:56:17 EST 2010

strk wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 04:05:50AM +0000, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>
>> The geostest no longer exists in tests/unit
>> I presume you are have old source tree nodes still in your copy.
>
> I tried with r2901 on a debian 5.0.3 (sorry if I'm following up
> with different systems, just I can't find the time to be single
> threaded). Here the cmake build succeeds, but make check fails
> (fails tests, not build):
>
> Scanning dependencies of target check
> Start processing tests
> Test project /usr/src/geos/cmake
>   1/  2 Testing geos_unit                        Passed
>   2/  2 Testing xmltester                     ***Failed
>
> 50% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 2
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>           2 - xmltester (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest
> make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/check] Error 8
> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/check.dir/all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/check.dir/rule] Error 2
> make: *** [check] Error 2

The xmltester tests is a still an experiment and it executes
xmltester with only one xml test file as input.
It is exactly this:

mloskot at dog:~/dev/geos/_svn/build$ ./tests/xmltester/xmltester
../trunk/tests/xmltester/tests/TestBigNastyBuffer.xml
symDiffArea frac: 0.682742 tolerated 0.001
isSymDiffAreaInTolerance failed
BufferResultMatcher FAILED
Files: 1
Tests: 1
Failed: 1
Succeeded:

I'm not sure why it fails, but I suppose it may be related to
float-point nightmare and compilation flags

Best regards,