[geos-devel] distance

Tomas Neme lacrymology at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 14:42:23 EDT 2011

> Hi Tomas,
>
> All the GEOS operations are done in a unitless Cartesian space.
> Distance is unitless. For example, the distance between a point at (0,
> 0) and (1, 1) is sqrt(2). 22186 has units of meters, right? As long as
> your distances are in meters (1000 in your case), you'll be fine.

I thought so, but.. how do I know this?

http://www.spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/22186/

this is all the info I could get on 22186, it doesn't say anything
about units. we use meters in AR, so I guess you must be right, but
not the point.. finding info on this subject is very hard =/

--
"The whole of Japan is pure invention. There is no such country, there
are no such people" --Oscar Wilde

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.