[geos-devel] Second beta for ffi-geos extension now available

J Smith dark.panda+lists at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:40:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> Speaking of which... how did you deal with prepared geoms ?
> I didnt' make any use of those from the PHP binding. Dunno if I want
> them to be transparent or explicit.

I implemented a to_prepared method on Geos::Geometry which produces a
Geos::PreparedGeometry instance that can be used to test
relationships, so it's rather explicit at the moment. I suppose that
functionality could also be hidden away and you'd have to handle
caching and stuff to detect for changes to the underlying geometry and
then update the prepared geometry accordingly and all that jazz. Worth
considering for sure, but at the moment it's just a simple
implementation.

cheers