[geos-devel] Boundary node rule

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Apr 2 05:57:05 EDT 2012

I've started a wiki page about the need for specifying a boundary node rule
for a set of operations:

http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/BundaryNodeRule

The issue came out in the past with a proposal to make BNR part of a Geometry,
the proposal wasn't accepted because it should really be an operation-level
parameter (or how to deal with binary operators with different BNRs ?).

But there still is a need for dealing with that rule.
I just hit it while looking for a way to tell if a set of lines were or not
"correctly noded" and realized that "isSimple" operation would tell you
a bow tie with a single node isn't simple because the node would be considered
not-a-node (but interior to the closed geometries...)

Please update the page with more operations if you think boundary node rule
affects more than the one listed in there. Thanks.

--strk;