[geos-devel] Re: [GEOS] #527: Union and UnaryUnion both fail at correctly node input lines

Martin Davis mtnclimb at telus.net
Tue Apr 3 01:13:16 EDT 2012

JTS uses the FastNodingValidator to check for correctly noded line
arrangements.  Basically it checks for any interior-interior segment
intersections, using indexing to speed things up.

And yes, the OGC operation semantics aren't fully capable when it comes
to more specific uses like checking noding.  That's one reason I
introduced the boundary-node rule.

The Polygonizer is fine with closed lines (as long as, as always, the
linework is FULLY noded).

This issue is just one more example of a robustness failure.