[geos-devel] newbie user and visual studio

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jun 21 09:55:47 PDT 2012

On 12-06-21 12:13 PM, Lloyd Dupont wrote:
> HI,
>
> I’m a Windows developer (and visual studio user) who is not very good
> with all those open source command line tools.
> I’m also quite rusty with C++ but I want to give it a new go and port
> one of my C# app to C++ (WinRT / Metro C++ Cx to be exact)
>
> For that I will need some geometry manipulating library, GEOS seems
> liked a good and simple enough candidate.
>
> To facilitate this difficult entry in the C++ world (with a big open
> source library) it would be nice if there is a way to get a Visual
> Studio project to open which contains all the necessary GEOS file.
>
> I even found a link which seems to indicate it does exists:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/BuildingOnWindowsWithVisualStudioIDE
>
> But I couldn’t find this VS project file.. they seem to be part of the
> build output.. :~
> How to I generate get them??!?
>
> Thanks for nay links / info / feedback!

Hello,

You can use the Visual Studio Command Prompt to compile GEOS (look for
the shortcut in your Start Menu).  Then a few commands will do the trick:

  autogen.bat
  nmake /f makefile.vc MSVC_VER=1500

(if you are using MSVC 2008)

I am not aware of a Visual Studio solution file that you ask for.

Have fun!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna