[geos-devel] predicates precision

Martin Davis mtnclimb at telus.net
Fri Sep 7 12:10:40 PDT 2012

GEOS uses the same algorithm for the binary predicates as JTS.

Unfortunately, recently a GEOS ticket was filed that revealed a small
robustness problem with the predicates in certain Line/Line situations.
(http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/572).  Currently there's no
resolution for this problem, but it's being actively researched.