[geos-devel] [postgis-devel] GEOS 3.4.0 is out

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Aug 11 08:22:03 PDT 2013

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

>> The other was a surprisingly large change in the set of installed files,
>> relative to what I expected from reading NEWS.  Most of this diff should
>> make sense to people that don't know pkgsrc details; the last line
>> indicates that the new version installs an empty /usr/pkg/lib/geos
>> directory.
>
> Delaunay triangulation and interruptability are mentioned in the NEWS file,
> everything is expected,

Thanks.  I didn't mean to complain about NEWS as much as run the diff by
someone who has been paying attention.  Indeed, I did see triangulation
files and Interrupt.h, and I didn't blink at those.  It was more a
number of with withdrawn files.  In particular the removal of
geos/platform.h jumped out at me as something I didn't expect.

> except maybe the empty /usr/pkg/lib/geos which I've no ideaabout.

That's probably a bug then; I'll see if it recurs with the imminent
eol-style=lf 3.4.1 tarball.

>> Also, make check fails complaining about testrunner, and reading README
>> didn't explain that there was an additional test dependency.  (This is
>> probably not new in 3.4.0, but i thought I'd mention it.)
>
> testrunner should be another case of DOS line endings.
> Can you re-check with current 3.4 branch ?

I'll retry with the fixed release when it comes.  I'm just barely able
delurk long enough to update the package.

Also:
I just noticed there is a new 3.4.0 tarball with a different hash.  It
seems 3 people spoke up about that issue, including the person who deals
with openSUSE packages, and opinion was unanimous about not having two
different distfiles with the same name.