[geos-devel] [postgis-devel] GEOS 3.4.1 is out

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Aug 19 07:28:40 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 08:45:11AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 09:00:43PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> >>   geos/platform.h withdrawn
> >
> > This is unexpected. We discussed this at 3.4.0 release time and was
> > considered a packaging bug, wasn't it ? If it's still in 3.4.1 we need
> > a 3.4.2 ASAP to fix it. Maybe it takes a BLOCKER ticket to be considered
> > by the packager :-/
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize that you thought it was a bug in a packaging
> system.
>
> r3866 removed it from geos_HEADERS in include/geos/Makefile.am, as part
> of "#601 do not incude platform.h in tar ball."  It makes sense not to
> include it in the tarball as it's a generated file, but taking it out of
> geos_HEADERS prevents the installation as well.
> I think we want nodist_geos_HEADERS = platform.h.

Agreed, and committed in trunk as r3896
Can you double-check it works fine on your end ?
If so, it shall be backported to 3.4 and 3.3 branches.

> >>   new empty directory /usr/pkg/lib/geos
>
> The problem is in php/Makefile.am.  pkglib_LTLIBRARIES is defined, and
> it seems that required directory is created, even if "if ENABLE_PHP" is
> false and the rest of the code isn't executed.  Arguably this is an
> automake bug.  I would suggest hoisting the if ENABLE_PHP conditional up
> a level and only having the SUBDIRS+=php if php is enabled, which will
> prevent executing any of the php/Makefile.am.

I actually don't get the pkg/lib/geos dir created when I configure
here. Not with a false ENABLE_PHP, at least.

 $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gt && make install
 $ find /tmp/gt/ | grep pkg # no hits