[geos-devel] [postgis-devel] GEOS 3.4.1 is out

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Aug 20 07:13:34 PDT 2013

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 08:45:11AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> r3866 removed it from geos_HEADERS in include/geos/Makefile.am, as part
>> of "#601 do not incude platform.h in tar ball."  It makes sense not to
>> include it in the tarball as it's a generated file, but taking it out of
>> geos_HEADERS prevents the installation as well.
>> I think we want nodist_geos_HEADERS = platform.h.
>
> Agreed, and committed in trunk as r3896
> Can you double-check it works fine on your end ?
> If so, it shall be backported to 3.4 and 3.3 branches.

I did 'make dist' on trunk, and (locally) update the package to that,
and got platform.h installed.
So I think the change is fine.

>> The problem is in php/Makefile.am.  pkglib_LTLIBRARIES is defined, and
>> it seems that required directory is created, even if "if ENABLE_PHP" is
>> false and the rest of the code isn't executed.  Arguably this is an
>> automake bug.  I would suggest hoisting the if ENABLE_PHP conditional up
>> a level and only having the SUBDIRS+=php if php is enabled, which will
>> prevent executing any of the php/Makefile.am.
>
> I actually don't get the pkg/lib/geos dir created when I configure
> here. Not with a false ENABLE_PHP, at least.
>
>  $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gt && make install
>  $ find /tmp/gt/ | grep pkg # no hits

With trunk and a different box, I didn't get $pkglibdir created.  So I'm
not sure what's going on, but suspect an automake bug.
If I figure anything out I'll file a ticket.

Also, I ran diff from the 3.4 branch to trunk (to figure out if php
pkglibdir handling had changed, which it hadn't), and there were a
number of unexpected differences (from memory, couldn't send earlier due
to netflake):

  3.4.1 NEWS entries missing from trunk

  ChangeLog had far far more differences than I would expect, and looks
  to be a summary in one branch, more verbose in the other

  whitespace differences in the recent nodist_ fix