[geos-devel] Motion to give Regina commit rights - PSC members who haven't Please respond

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Jul 19 06:43:38 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 08:25:23AM -0500, Howard Butler wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2013, at 2:48 AM, "Paragon Corporation" <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
>
> > So far
> > Strk http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2013-July/006419.html
> > Pramsey http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2013-July/006420.html
> > , and of course robe
> > http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2013-July/006418.html
> >
> > have responded with +1s
> >
> > I think strk is waiting for more consensus before he gives me commit rights.
> >
> > Can Hobu, Dale, and Martin please state your vote.
>
> +1
>
> Any current committer can add another committer by adding the person to the list. No special admin needed.

Which list ? Where from ?

> That said, why are we even bothering with SVN at all, and why is the
> github tree not our main code interaction point. GEOS is a project where
> bug reports and fixes are especially transient, and github's collaboration
> model supports that more smoothly than the homegrown OSGeo setup.

I guess as a first step we're waiting for all committers to be convinced
about using git. I know Paul is on his way by now, and hopefully Regina
won't mind.

Once we have that, I'd like not to loose commit <--> tickets cross-reference
for the past history. Is there any past experience about that ?