[geos-devel] Doubts

vishal tiwari hi.vishal123 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 04:20:35 PDT 2013

Hey,
I am facing some very silly problems when i try to compile
QuadEdgeSubdivision.cpp.
I have declared my getVoronoiCellPolygons as :
void
QuadEdgeSubdivision::getVoronoiCellPolygons(std::vector<geom::Geometry *>
&cells ,const geom::GeometryFactory& geomFact)
{
}

And I have definition it in QuadEdgeSubdiviion.h as:

void getVoronoiCellPolygons( std::vector<geom::Geometry *> &cells , const
geom::GeomtryFactory &geomFact);

And i am getting the following compilation error:
In file included from QuadEdgeSubdivision.cpp:18:
../../../include/geos/triangulate/quadedge/QuadEdgeSubdivision.h:425:
error: expected unqualified-id before ‘&’ token
../../../include/geos/triangulate/quadedge/QuadEdgeSubdivision.h:425:
error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
../../../include/geos/triangulate/quadedge/QuadEdgeSubdivision.h:425:
error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token

Similar error is shown getVoronoiCellPolygon method:
getVoronoiCellPolygon.cpp:

geos::geom::Polygon*
QuadEdgeSubdivision::getVoronoiCellPolygon(QuadEdge* qe ,const
geom::GeomtryFactory& geomFact)
{
}

getVoronoiCellPolygon.h

geos::geom::Polygon* getVoronoiCellPolygon(QuadEdge* qe ,const
geom::GeomtryFactory& geomFact);

../../../include/geos/triangulate/quadedge/QuadEdgeSubdivision.h:442:
error: expected unqualified-id before ‘&’ token
../../../include/geos/triangulate/quadedge/QuadEdgeSubdivision.h:442:
error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
../../../include/geos/triangulate/quadedge/QuadEdgeSubdivision.h:442:
error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token

I have quantified it using the "::" operator and specified to which class
the methods belong to. Please help me out with this.

--Vishal

On 19 June 2013 18:36, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 06:09:31PM +0530, vishal tiwari wrote:
> > Hey strk,
> >
> > I was porting some methods in QuadEdgeSubdivision class, and saw some
> > methods like, geom::Triangle::circumcentre()
> > ,geom::CoordinateList::closeRing(), not there, which are required, so
> > should i port them, or expand the functions in QuadEdgeSubdivision class
> > itself?
>
> You should port them to the respective classes (Triangle, CoordinateList).
>
> > I see one unit test case for VoronoiDiagram in JTS, so i will be building
> > some of my own. :)
>
> Thanks! Consider also adding testcases for the new methods in Triangle
> and CoordinateList. The more tests we have, the better :)
>
> --strk;

Vishal Tiwari
Undergraduate
Computer Science and Engineering