[geos-devel] Gsoc 2013

vishal tiwari hi.vishal123 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 03:39:17 PDT 2013

hey Sandro, thanks for replying. I want to know details of the project. The
ideas page of GEOS talks very less about it. I want to know what exactly
needs to be done in the project that is proposed.
>From the statement what i have understood is, that we have to port the
classes of Voronoi functionality from JTS to GEOS. JTS are java API, and we
need to port it to c++ classes. I want some guidance on how java classes
can be ported to C++.

Thanks,
Vishal

On 29 March 2013 15:42, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 02:33:09PM +0530, vishal tiwari wrote:
> > Hi!
> > i am Vishal, pursuing my B.Tech in computer science from IIIT-Hyderabad,
> > India. I am also a part of the lab, Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI). In
> > which i will be pursuing my MS by research degree. I saw your ideas page
> on
> > OSGeo site.I was looking at the project "adding Voronoi Diagrams to
> GEOS".
> > I was looking for JTS, and GEOS, and want to know more about it. Though i
> > am comfortable with C/C++ and java, but have not made any kind of a port
> > from java to c++. Would like to know more on how GEOS does this, so that
> > could contribute to GEOS.
> > Anyone willing to guide me on this project?
>
> Hi Vishal, I agreed on mentoring for this project. What do you need to know
> in order for partecipating to GSoC ? I'm not familiar with the process, do
> you need details to write in the official proposal ?
>
> --strk;
>
>  http://www.cartodb.com - Map, analyze and build applications with your
> data
>
>                                        ~~ http://strk.keybit.net