[geos-devel] Permisive licence for GEOS?

Robin Fawcett Robin.Fawcett at ubisense.net
Sat Oct 19 10:51:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

Is there any way in which GEOS can be provided with a permissive  licence such as MIT or BSD instead of LGPL?

We develop an enterprise web mapping product which  uses GEOS. We are currently building an iPad version to work offline.  Apple's T's & C's permit FOSS but prohibit the use of GPL based licences, so this is a roadblock for us.

Thanks for your understanding about these terms which are outside our control.

Robin