[geos-devel] Errors building libgeos with mingw32

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Aug 22 10:49:44 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:30:41AM +0100, Joshua Arnott wrote:
> I'm having some trouble building libgeos on Windows 7 using mingw32. I'm
> building with:
>
> ./configure --disable-static --enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local
> make
>
> The shared library builds, but some of the tests fail (long output - see
> link below):
>
> http://pastebin.com/hr8GbBPs

Sounds like all the coordinate values in your WKB gets interpreted as
valued 0. You may simplify testing by running:

 tests/unit/geos_unit geos::io::WKBReader

The code, for debugging, is here:

 src/io/WKBReader.cpp

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt