[geos-devel] [GEOS] #699: Optimize Geometry->Intersection with rectangular argument

Mika Heiskanen mika.heiskanen at fmi.fi
Wed Aug 27 13:48:56 PDT 2014

On 08/27/2014 11:09 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

>>   o handles all special cases we could imagine on paper such as
>>     edges entering the rectangle from a corner. There are about
>>     150 tests for such special cases.
>
> That's great !

As luck would have it, we just encountered a case which was not handled
correctly. We have all the input data to recreate the problem, and we
hope to be able to debug it this week. We shall reassess the scope of
our tests and hence the validity of our code depending on the outcome.

Hopefully we can proceed once the problem has been resolved.

Regards,

Mika Heiskanen / FMI