[geos-devel] Exposing Precision model through C-API

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Feb 17 03:40:59 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 03:53:29PM +0530, Varun Saraf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if I have understood the solution, but this is what I think.
>
> For exposing PrecisionModel through the C-API, we need to write a function
> in the geos_ts_c.cpp file which takes the required arguments for the
> precision model. It constructs a new GeometryFactory with appropriate
> arguments which in turn calls PrecisionModel with those arguments.

What needs to be done is really to be decided, and deciding that is
part of the task. You should make an RFC document and sollicit comments
from this mailing list until some kind of consensus is found, basically.

Note that anything you construct in that function needs to have a way
to be destroyed.

> My doubt is what all arguments need to be passed to this C-API function and
> is that what we are supposed to design. Also we will have to make
> appropriate changes to the GeometryFactory constructor.

I don't think any change in the C++ interface is required.

> Please tell me if I am in the right direction.

Yes, I think you are.