[geos-devel] Splitting _r and non _r functions in 2 different .h ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Jun 18 09:32:25 PDT 2014

Le mercredi 18 juin 2014 17:17:36, Paul Ramsey a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:24 AM, Even Rouault
>
> <even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:
> > Thinking more about this, for the sake of simplicity of user code of
> > GEOS, I'd rather suggest
> >
> > geos.c.h:
> >
> > #ifndef USE_ONLY_GEOS_R_API
> > Here go normal declarations (non XXXXX_r symbols)
> > #endif
>
> I like this more. Backwards compatibility++.
> Why is having them split out important for you, out of curiousity?
> P.

Hi Paul,

I've hit an integration problem with QGIS using the non _r API and spatialite
calling (accidently) finishGEOS() when closing a spatialite DB, causing later
crashes in QGIS.
So I've converted all the QGIS calls to GEOS to the _r API, and to do that the
easiest solution was to alter geos_c.h to remove the non _r symbols and fix all
compilation problems. But to make that robust in the length, it would be good
to be upstreamed.
GDAL and MapServer also now use the _r API for similar reasons. And it would
also be good to be sure noone reintroduce calls to the non _r API.

Even

Geospatial professional services