[geos-devel] Exposing Precision model through C-API

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 11:24:19 PDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014 6:46 AM, "Sandro Santilli" <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 06:16:00AM -0400, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> > I would tend to expect choosing a single precision model and working
> > with it for a long time to be a more common usage than swapping
> > between lots of models. My bias.
>
> I also find this to be a more likely usecase.
>
> --strk;

While agree that one model at a time (and two at the most) is the most
likely use case, I'm concerned about designs that limit the number. I'm
also reversing myself on whether there should be a precision model in the
global context. I'd rather GEOS did not add more global state.

Please see the wiki page
http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/GSoC/CAPI_PrecisionModel for my (Shapely)
requirements.