[geos-devel] GEOSNode usage: what should g be?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Mar 22 14:46:29 PDT 2014

I'd like to ask for pointers to example code using GEOSNode/GEOSNode_r in
CAPI. What should the geometry g be - GEOS_MULTILINESTRING,
GEOS_LINESTRING, or what? Looking at the C++ code, it appears to be a
SegmentString. If so, can a GEOS_MULTILINESTRING be converted to such an
object in the CAPI?

I'd like to add noding to rgeos, a user has occasional incoming polygon
geometries that are not valid, and whose creation he does not control, and
needs to node them after coercion to line strings, before going back out
through polygonize.

Grateful for any ideas,

Roger

--