[geos-devel] Geometry/Rectangle Intersection, line merging ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Sep 9 03:48:23 PDT 2014

RE: rectangle intersection (#699)

I've plugged the leak and compared the result of Geometry::intersection()
and RectangleIntersection. One difference is about the linemerge operation
happening in the RectangleIntersection class, that is a line going outside
and then back inside the clipping rectangle gets merged by
RectangleIntersection while it is not by standard intersection.

The tests you provided expect the merging to happen, so if I drop the merging
those tests are going to fail. What's the rationale for that additional
operation ?