[geos-devel] updating geos 3.5.0 source archive.

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:43:52 PST 2015

Hi Jurgen,

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Rashad,
>
> On Fri, 06. Nov 2015 at 21:37:13 +0100, Rashad M wrote:
> > okay. when I tried it was only geos C api headers available.
>
> That's still the case. We don't have anything that depends on the GEOS C++
> API.
> Everything that used to is now ported to the C-API (like QGIS).  That's
> because
> using C++ API ties the package and it's reverse dependencies to the
> specific
> C++ ABI of the compiler that was used to build it, which we try to avoid in
> OSGeo4W (where possible - it's unavoidable for Qt for instance).

Then we have a problem with ossim. it uses geos c++ api. This blocks
updates to ossim and other projects that depends on it.

could this be changed in OSGeo4W for geos? can we have geos c++ api in
osgeo4w.? I think the discussion regarding osgeo4w could be move to other
list.

I have ticket on osgeo4w trac for updating goes.

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel.
> +49-4931-918175-31
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax.
> +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
> QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

Regards,
   Rashad