[geos-devel] Docker and Drone

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat Jul 16 00:38:28 PDT 2016

I've setup a Drone server to experiment with a completely self-hosted
build service. Current url is: https://drone.osgeo.kbt.io.

You can login with your OSGeo Userid and register projects that
are hosted on the OSGeo Git Service: https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/

I've registered GEOS ( https://drone.osgeo.kbt.io/geos/geos )
and added a .drone.yml file in the repository containing the
instruction for build agents (drone agents):
https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/geos/geos/src/svn-trunk/.drone.yml

The yaml file instructs build agents to build GEOS inside
a docker prepared for the task:

  docker.kbt.io/geos/build-test:alpine

The instructions to create the docker are checked into the
GEOS repository:
https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/geos/geos/src/svn-trunk/docker/build-test/Dockerfile

The docker image is served by my own docker registry, currently
NOT using to the OSGeo Userid authentication (I'd love to setup
such service at the OSGeo level).

At the moment there's a single build agent running on my own laptop
(so only while my laptop is turned on). Running an agent is very
simple, as long as you can run a docker container. If you want to
contribute some time of your machine (even development machines)
let me know and I'll give you detailed instructions.

Other useful contributions would be tweaks to the build-test docker
image to allow for building with different configurations.

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html