[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Apr 4 17:37:46 PDT 2017

And, as one of mantra requests processing admins, I can only confirm users
do get annoyed and often share comments how annoying it is.

Greg, most OSGeo projects have de facto switched to GitHub:

8 in 22 use OSGeo SVN
6 in 22 use OSGeo Track
21 in 22 use GitHub

It somewhat indicates preferences among OSGeo​ developers. Reasons are
unclear to me, or they are purely based on my interpretation of the facts.

Mateusz