[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 4 17:03:09 PDT 2017

On 04/05/2017 01:27 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I am really unclear on the troubles with people getting osgeo accounts
> (have had one for years), but it seems that if that's a reason to use a
> proprietary hosting service then it's better to fix the problem.

You need to get a mantra (request a token from an admin) to create an
account, this is a significant barrier for users who want to contribute
to OSGeo projects, especially when it's just a simple patch or bug report.

For backgrounds see:

 https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail//sac/2016-June/007192.html

Kind Regards,

Bas