[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Apr 6 07:29:29 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 10:24:38AM -0400, Daniel Baston wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:54 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
> > We already have mirrors both on github.com and gitlab.com, this should
> > be enough to not keep away any contributor (and indeed we do are merging
> > pull requests opened on those infrastructure).
>
> We are, however, turning away bug reports from users of this
> infrastructure.  I wonder if we should keep the "Issues" channel open until
> the OSGeo account registration system is functional.

GEOS trac system has currently 124 open tickets.
I don't think we are lacking bug reports.
Fixes are welcome, and easy to provide on all channels
(trac, github, gitlab, gogs, mailing list).

List of open tickets:
https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/report/1

PS: OSGeo account registration *is* functional, just takes some human
    interaction, which may be seen as an obstacle by those who want
    to file a complain and forget about it but might not be so bad for
    those who intend to followup until the issue is addressed.