[geos-devel] GEOS 3.7.0 release in 2 weeks

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Aug 31 17:09:06 PDT 2017

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

> Let me know if anyone has issue with that or if they really want an RC
> first.

From the packaging viewpoint, I'd like an RC (which preferably unpacks
to the same pathname as the file, so that one can just change the
version in the packaging file and build it, but of course I can hack
around non-standard behavior).  I suspect other people that package can
pre-stage an update and try it, running tests, etc., and this may smoke
out some issues.

(I haven't been paying attention, but I had no idea a 3.7 was imminent.
Just a random comment; there's no reason me being surprised matters.)