[geos-devel] Thoughts on Backporting the emit warning message to GEOS 3.6 and GEOS 3.5

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Oct 6 14:13:51 PDT 2017

On vendredi 6 octobre 2017 17:03:58 CEST Regina Obe wrote:
> I'm only softly proposing this but want to get a feel if anyone has issues
> before we do.
>
> https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/geos/geos/pulls/14
>
> I would like to back port this pull to GEOS 3.6 and GEOS 3.5 branches.
>
> The reason being is
>
> 1) It's just a warning that shows when compiling code that uses the C++ API
> so doesn't impact existing compiles.  No one has to change their compile
> scripts.

Not that I'd be impacted myself, but that is not true if they build with
-Werror, or expect that their build log remains clean if it was already.

(but my experience building GDAL with -Werror and most pedantic warnings turned on has
demonstrated that for a lot of packages you have to include external headers with compiler
mechanism to temporarily turn off warnings due to them)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com