[geos-devel] GEOS 3.7.0 beta end this week

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Sep 10 07:48:28 PDT 2017

> I thought we were going to wait for that change in GEOS 3.8 but I see you guys have started already.

> Or tag/branch master at last commit before first C++11 change.

> Mateusz

Mat,

It's not a huge deal.  PostGIS 2.4.0 only relies on GEOS 3.7.0 for the ST_FrechetDistance function.  I'd probably be the only packager jumping to include it anyway.

It's not like it was when releasing GEOS 3.5.0 and all the cool new stuff coming in PostGIS 2.2 relied on 3.5.

Packagers can use it in PostGIS 2.4.1  if they need a stable release – the function just won't be enabled out of the gate is all and will throw an error "requires GEOS 3.7.0" is all.

Thanks,

Regina