[geos-devel] GEOS 3.7.0rc1 release

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 20 21:03:02 PDT 2018

> From: Greg Troxel [mailto:gdt at lexort.com]
> I have not tried to test-package geos recently.  pkgsrc is at 3.6.2, and
this was
> my first foray into 3.7 land.
>
> I see the CAPI change for frechet now.  For new .h, I wouldn't have
> commented.
> But what about GeometryList.h?
[Regina Obe]
According to the git logs, Mat removed it cause it's not used and is
deprecated in C++11

commit 441dc93f8cd23dcdf204143d524e426f4ccb8bc3
Author: Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net>
Date:   Thu Sep 7 10:25:58 2017 +0200

    Remove GeometryList class

    It is completely unused in GEOS and becomes deprecated in C++11.
    Use std::vector<Geometry::Ptr> instead.

So I think that fits under our NEWS item

  - Use C++11 unique_ptr, nullptr, and override constructs
    (Mateusz Loskot)