[geos-devel] GEOS 3.7.0rc1 release

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Sep 6 07:00:00 PDT 2018

I have done more testing on the NetBSD/earmv7 issue.  Someone else
reproduced it, and also with newer gcc on NetbSD-current, compared to
gcc 5.5.0 on my system.   NetBSD/sparc64, also newer gcc, passed.

I rebuilt with -O0 instead of -O2, and then the xmlrunner tests pass.

I get a failure to create a geometry object in the unit suite on one of
the inputs, and will post something more coherent about that later.
(The suite is not robust about checking for null returns from
GEOSGeomFromHEX_buf, it seems.)

Just FYI to the list - obviously I still have things to figure out.