[geos-devel] GEOS 3.7.0rc1 release

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Sep 8 11:13:34 PDT 2018

> I have done more testing on the NetBSD/earmv7 issue.  Someone else
> reproduced it, and also with newer gcc on NetbSD-current, compared to
> gcc 5.5.0 on my system.   NetBSD/sparc64, also newer gcc, passed.
>
> I rebuilt with -O0 instead of -O2, and then the xmlrunner tests pass.
>
> I get a failure to create a geometry object in the unit suite on one of
the
> inputs, and will post something more coherent about that later.
> (The suite is not robust about checking for null returns from
> GEOSGeomFromHEX_buf, it seems.)
>

> Just FYI to the list - obviously I still have things to figure out.
[Regina Obe]
Greg and Bas, I want to thank you both for all your work testing these
platforms.

I've been out at conference so been out of it for a bit and just slowly
getting back on the horse.
I saw you both tested 3.7.0rc2 with ARM and had failures.

Greg - so you saying if you compile with -O0 it works even on ARM?

Were these an issue in 3.6.3.  Sorry if I missed the thread about that.

Reason I ask is to know if this a long standing issue or something we
introduced in 3.7.0.

If long standing, I'd like to release as planned this coming week 3.7.0 and
then tackle these issues in 3.7.1 and 3.6.4 releases.

Thanks,
Regina