[geos-devel] TABS or SPACES - ALL DEVELOPERS and PSC Vote

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Sep 11 09:46:06 PDT 2018

> I think that GEOS' style is already quite consistent and doesn't need editor
> enforcement and process around it. I mean, we already know it looks, feels,
> and acts just like Java :P
>
> Howard

[Regina Obe] Well it annoys me and I think others as well.  One option is to codify what we are largely doing which is tabs :),

But I did come across a file, I forget which one it was, and when I tried to edit it, editorconfig did its job of putting in tabs,
But the page was formatted with spaces so the mess of spaces and tabs was very distracting.

But it seems people would prefer to go against the grain of the code and use spaces.

As much as I hate conformity, I think we need it here if we are all to keep some level of sanity.  The more people you add, the more annoying inconsistency becomes.
 I'm even willing to go for 2 spaces, if the consistency can be made.

Please don't use a trite idiom like "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds", I admit to being a little mind is this case already :)

So seems Space is the winner, but how many spaces 2 or 4?