[geos-devel] TABS or SPACES - ALL DEVELOPERS and PSC Vote

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Sep 11 10:42:36 PDT 2018

> On 9/11/18 6:44 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 01:15:25PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> >> Same. 2-spaces hurts my little brain.
> > I'm happy as long as you give me a recipe to make my editor
> > (vim) automatically use what we choose AND `make check` ensures any
> > future change stick with what was choosen.
> >
> > Note I'd like to keep the 80 cols limit on line width which with
> > current naming can easily become close-to-impossible with too many
> > spaces. This also means if we use tabs we want them to be rendered by
> > a determined number of spaces, or it would be impossible to determine
> > the 80 cols limit ...
> >
> > Go Vicky go !

How is this for a  compromise?

1) We got with 4 spaces
2) 120 cols
3) Get strk a new monitor and also rescue him from his cave.
4) Vicky makes the commit since she wanted spaces and sets editor config accordingly.

This would apply to files - .h, .cpp, .c, .inl, .in (that are ins for C and C++), .vc (should be windows linebreak I believe though not sure it much matters these days)

Thanks,
Regina