[geos-devel] RFC 9: Restore C++ API as public API

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat May 18 11:22:47 PDT 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 04:28:05PM -0500, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'd like propose to effectively revert the RFC 6:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/RFC9
>
> I'll appreciate if the PSC members considered to review my proposal
> and arranged the voting.
>
> Although I've made my best to prepare the write short,
> clear and unambiguous proposal, I'll welcome your feedback.

Excuse me, maybe I lost some changes, but the C++ API was still
available as public API. RFC6 was never implemented, as not passed.

The only change related to the mentioned mailing list thread,
that I'm aware of, is commit aae36582e743505c863c5767e5989da48f84d5a6,
which introduced a compiler WARNING emitted (togheter with
instructions on how to hush it) when _building_ applications using
the C++ API of GEOS.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

REF: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/geos/geos/commit/aae36582e