[geos-devel] OverlayNG for Testing

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Aug 7 16:36:28 PDT 2020

So, with the last two commits

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/commit/aaafcce2
https://github.com/pramsey/geos/commit/8e340a77322445669bbffc5d6b9bf4d01b676a5a

We (haha, mostly Martin) have restored the old Linstring.Union() behaviour
(node-to-node lines extracted from graph) and the old
Geometry.Intersection() behaviour (all dimensional components extracted
from graph into GeometryCollection).

This should substantially reduce the number of regression issues when
building with the NG overlay turned on. As before I haven't actually tested
this myself yet, it's the end of the day, but I have high hopes.

We still have the known regression that Z values aren't going to be
added/preserved in 2d/3d and 3d/3d overlays.

Thank you Andrew Bell for the fixes to master to pass MSVC builds now too.

Next week, continued testing on regressions from me. Martin is away.

P.