[geos-devel] [GEOS] #1015: Update geos-config tool for consistency

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Feb 19 06:14:58 PST 2020

Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:

> Few-years-ago dependency could be fine, given GEOS requires C++10 now,
> or we could just use quotes and allow for spaces in path names (while
> still forbidding quotes and dollars etc. ?)

(I realize this is moot with the simple space escaping you just added.  Yay!)

If you mean GNU Coreutils printf as "few-years-ago dependency", I don't
follow.  That is typical on GNU/Linux, but on BSD there is a different
/usr/bin/printf which lacks %q but I believe conforms to POSIX.

(As an aside, I think it's often not a good thing for programs that are
required by POSIX to add extensions; that leads to people writing
nonportable code.  The poster child of this is bash and test ==.)