[geos-devel] Update to 3.9?

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 19:00:44 PST 2020

> Of all the design decisions made in the white heat of the development of
> the initial release of JTS, the ordering of arguments to the Envelope
> constructor is one I regret most.  Don't see a way to change it now though
> (ideas welcome).

I've been thinking of an alternate way to construct an envelope when you
know which of your inputs is the min. Currently GEOS assumes they're
unordered and checks which x value is the min and which is the max, so
there is a tiny optimization potential here. We could kill two birds with
one stone and "fix" the ordering:

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/pull/356

Dan