[geos-devel] Is Overlay-NG active?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Oct 15 09:55:45 PDT 2020

Roger,

I'll let Paul answer the question of when we can expect a 3.9 as he probably has a better idea than anyone else.
All I know is the plan is we'll be releasing GEOS 3.9 and PostGIS 3.1 around the same time since there is some functionality in PostGIS 3.1 that leverages GEOS 3.9 if it is compiled with GEOS 3.9.

As far as testing, on the PostGIS side to make the old Geos and new Geos agree, I've been applying ST_Normalize

Which looks to come from Geos CAPI - GEOSNormalize

Can you use that to deal with the  failures you are running into?  That should make the wkt of both GEOS old and new agree.

Thanks,
Regina